Thursday, April 15, 2010

#1... 31-9.. i♥myteam..

I was just telling my mother last night (via text) that life is so great! My job is so wonderful. It has been up and down this spring. I have loved and hated my job... however, I know that God's plan for me is way better than anything I could plan for myself!!
So this past weekend baseball traveled to KC for a four game series against Rockhurst. For those of you that have never witnessed Rockhurst baseball..you are in for a treat. They talk entirely to much until the score is no longer in their favor.. in game on we were down going into the 7th and our junior catcher (and one of my FAV's) Dylan hit a 2 run BOMB, to tie up the game.. we went on to score 8 more runs in the 11th to win game 1.. and game 2 that day.. Sunday was another hard fought battle, but Dyl came thru in the clutch again.. yeah -- he's good!! And we left the sunny hot confines of the Rock taking all four games --- CHINO's it was for the boys.. having swept the series Arch said the boys could have Chinese food.. and he kept his promise.
This week Dyl and Taylor were player of the week and pitcher of the week -- Great start to the week I'd say.. http://www.glvcsports.com/news/2010/4/12/BSB_0412102544.aspx
Yesterday we traveled to Northern Kentucky for a non-conference/regional battle of the bests.. we split with them.. they will do some damage to soft throwing curve ball pitchers.. they are some BIG boys and they could play some ball.. i don't think they were used to our speed at all.. It was an ok day, would have been awesome taking 2 from them.. we will see them again at Conference and Regionals.
Speaking of Regionals.. we are officially #1!!! for the first time since i've been here and it is freakin awesome! If we can stay #1 we can host regionals.. and that would be SOOO SWEEEEET!! tons of hard work, but soooo worth it! http://gousieagles.com/news/2010/4/14/BB_0414103456.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment