Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

This Christmas eve I'm in Evansville, my parents are at home in Holt, and my lil brother is in somewhere Carolina. I think this is hard on my parents, but they aren't showing it. Instead, they are hanging out with Pam and Jeff. (their very good friends and neighbors.) And let me tell you -- they all have a great time when they are together. I talked to them a lil bit ago, they were telling me how church is canceled cause of the blizzard, but it is ok because they have wine and beer and they might just have their own candlelight service if the electricity goes out. I'm actually thankful that I'm in eville, blizzard conditions just don't seem that fun to me! Hopefully when I'm ready to go home next week, the weather will be alright so I can have safe travels.

Can I just tell you that Jeff is one of the funniest most sentimental men in the world, growing up he would always write the most hilarious Christmas letters!! It is one of my favorite things about him. He always makes me laugh, almost to the point of peeing in my pants! What a mess!! God Bless him and Pam, they are such wonderful people.

I talked to my grandparents also tonight. This is the first year they can remember not going to Aunt Wanda's on Christmas eve and to church. Christmas eve, Candlelight Church services are my favorite! I went to this lil baptist church this afternoon and they had a cute lil candlelight service, it was awesome. I love when everyone is celebrating Jesus' birth -- it's not about us.




No comments:

Post a Comment