Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2 and 1....

I know, I know.. it's been a couple days and you are all patiently waiting for the results of the weekend "According to Beck"...

Sunday -- Valentines Day (got a super sweet card, from a very NON Valentine -- making me tear up)... Got to the field around 10ish.. Game 1 started at 11... Wandy started the game w/ a homerun. Taylor threw really well and we won. Ole chomper was very smelly today, I told him about it also... yuck! For anyone that knows me at all, they know that smells are one thing I can't stand, smells make me really sick to my stomach.. So needless to say, chomper didn't really hang out beside me -- which was AWESOME! Game 2 didn't exactly go the way we thought it would, a rough bottom of the 8th put Armstrong up 8-7 and we couldn't rally back to get the W.. so we split for the day -- but won the series... We left Armstrong around 430ish and headed west... I slept and slept and slept, waking up periodically to a grunt or some weird noise coming from Michael Irving the bus driver, not the football player... and a snow storm was hitting Tennessee and Kentucky and Indiana.. so therefore the trip took a whole lot longer than we had initially thought it would. However, we made it back to Evansville safely at 6am Monday morning.

School was closed untill noon... so I took a lil nap till 10 and then got some errands ran.. had to get a new iPhone -- which I might add is FREAKING SWEET!.. and then I went to work. Got nothing done at work to speak of, did a few treatments on baseball boys, and before I knew it -- it was GAMETIME for basketball.

Basketball was playing KWC... the girls won, kinda a boring game, but a win is a win.. the mens game was started by a welcoming from Jon Mark to KWC.. it was a nice lil speech, thanking them for their greatness and respect of USI after the death of Jeron Lewis. Last time we played KWC was the last time any of us saw Jeron alive, he died during that game. KWC is normally a HUGE rival game -- now it isn't so much. USI men didn't play very well, Jamar was battling a bum foot and MOMO an ankle injury.. .our defense was NOT very good and well honestly KWC was just a better team last night. KWC spoiled the undefeated season hopes for USI. Bummer of a game, but I think that will be the only loss for this special team.

Grandpa Lloyd had a heart cath today.. got boLth good and bad news.. bad being that he has some blockages in his stint and in the area of his last bypass surgery, they put a new stint in and said it could last a year or 20... so who knows... good news for grandpa was that he still gets to drive the bus for the old folks home (no my g.pa isn't in the home, he just takes the old people where they need to go a few days a week -- my g.pa doesn't think he is an old man (he's 74 or something like that))... So just keep Grandpa Lloyd in your prayers as well as the rest of the family (mom's side).. You never wanna hear that your grandpa is having health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment