Friday, January 8, 2010

#33...in all of D2...

http://gousieagles.com/news/2010/1/6/BB_0106102121.aspx
Some people wander what all these numbers are all about? Well for anyone that knows me at all knows that I am a HUGE baseball fan -- and well -- baseball is all about numbers! USI baseball is ranked #33 this PreSeason. Not bad - I think we will end up way better than that. Practice starts on Sunday...the first day of the 2010 season! Talk about exciting!! I hope it is a good year. Winning games makes my job easier (not that I need an easier job). When teams are winning, aches and pains do not seem to be so bothersome. Hence, making my job easier. A few athletes have been trickling in this week to be stretched, something about having Beck stretch them is way better for them than them stretching themselves. I don't know, but it's ok. Just another perk of my job!

How about Missouri S&T beating up on our womens basketball team. Holy Cow I didn't see that one coming!! But yeah, they def were prepared way better than USI. One of my old teammates from the Blue Angels days is the asst coach at Missouri S&T, Keri Hessel. She must have done her homework for this game.

The men also had a tough outing but came away with a win. BahamaBaller had a great game, as well as, Ty and Dori. B.Hogg did some good things and Issac had some key rebounds (these two did the things that won't show up in the stats...but were much needed!).
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jan/08/usi-goes-gray-to-collect-its-14th-victory/

Evansville finally got a little bit of snow...and let me tell you...this place has NO idea at all how to deal with the snow! People tend to freak out! Now that I live on the west side of the city it doesn't bother me very much. I only have to drive about 1.5 miles to work instead of 15 and my lil car is pretty awesome in this mess. This mess I'm describing is about 3 inches (at most) of snow. At my parents house in MO, they have like over a foot... if that happened in Eville... I'd hate to see how people would react! Instead of snow, Eville usually gets a pretty decent ice storm, that is about the extent of severe weather. And it really never gets that cold, rarely does the temp even flirt with single digits, so it's really a pretty great place to live.

So I totally forgot to mention the LONG JUMPING contest that Dylan started in the training room. He would like for anyone and everyone to try to break his record. So whoever would like to try let him or I know... GOOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment