Tuesday, January 19, 2010

baseball....awe i love baseball

With everything going on with the death of Dori, baseball is my safe haven.. I can just relax and know everything is going to be ok when I'm outside on the diamond with my boys. Who are "my boys" you may ask. Well my #1 has got to be Coach Arch... he got to USI when I got to USI, he has always been my big brother. He is the best coach in division 2 and way to good to be at USI. I say that with 100% truth. He is amazing. If I knew just 1/4 of what I know now, I would have been an amazing softball player. He has taught me so much about the game of baseball and more importantly all baseball decisions are life decisions also. Baseball is such a simple game, that's what Arch says. My other boys include t.man and dyl... I'm sure as season continues, others will grow on me... MoneyMike our center fielder is making his way up the list. I'm getting really excited about season. I can't wait to blog about the games and road trips. I can't wait to give y'all an inside look at USI baseball.

USI basketball takes the court on Thursday evening @ the University of Indianapolis. I'll be listening! Good luck men and women. This will be the first game for boLth teams since the passing of Jeron. The teams will then travel to Ft.Wayne and go to the visitation and funeral. I know that seeing him will give them the closure they need. I saw him the night he passed, and that made it completely real to me. Please keep the USI basketball family in your prayers, these next few weeks will be really tough on them.

Tonight was the Memorial Service for Jeron at USI. There were so many people there. It was awesome, you could totally feel that Jeron was loved. It was good to see AB and Mark there. I really miss those two. Coach Herdes was also there, it is amazing how a tragedy bring people back together. God has a plan for Dori, that's what I've gotta keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment