Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dear MotherNature...

Dear MotherNature,
I feel like you are asking me to make a promise with you. So here goes, I have absolutely NO problem with sitting outside this January/February at baseball practice in all the elements you would like to throw evansville's way....as long as... Late February, thru March those elements are gone and the temp is at least 55.. Can that be our lil deal?
Love, Beck

On a serious note, I really hope that mother nature plugs into that request. I haven't been dwelling on the coldness, I am just really ready Georgia, 13 days!! I am getting so excited for baseball 2010 season opener..like I can't wait. It is taking sooooo long to get here. Next week should go a lil quicker cause basketball has home games! Oh yeah - they are #2 right now!! How sweeeeet is that!!! That team is something else. I love them. Now now, baseball boys don't be getting all jealous...you are the lil loves of my life, but basketball boys are right up there this year. I don't know why, but this basketball team is special, yes Jeron had a lot to do with that, but I loved them WAY before he started hoopin in heaven.

Baseball has had some pretty good practices outside thus far. I know things are going alright when Arch calls and asks me what I thought of practice, most of the time I don't really say anything, cause I know he is calling to tell me what he thinks of practice. That is okay with me. I like listening to him, because he is by far the smartest coach I've ever worked with. I learn so much from him and just have so much respect for him. Seriously, if you ever get a free min, you should watch USI baseball, it's pretty darn special. The guys play "Chase Utley" style baseball, Arch expects you to hustle every ball out, work hard at the dish, throw the ball where it needs to be thrown, and have an approach for what you are doing. It's wonderful when it all comes together. And those moments when one swing of the bat win's the game, you feel like a lil kid all over again. The best feeling (i think) in baseball..

Do I need to tell you just how blessed I am to have my job?? I don't think so. I just thank God every single day for giving me this gift and allowing me to be a very very small part of USI baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment