Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back To School... Spring2010

Tomorrow is the first day of classes... meaning its SPRING semester!! SPRING = BASEBALL

I have to teach night class on Tuesday...I am usually really excited about class. But for some reason (my class roster) I'm just not so excited. I am probably the most stressed I've ever been about teaching class. God has blessed me with a HUGE challenge this semester, with him, it should be ok! Keep me in your prayers...

Baseball had their first practice of the spring today. It is always an exciting day for me. The guys seem excited for the season and we have our first game in just one month!!! So much to do, sooooo little time (that's what the coaches say). I agree... I am just so excited to get started. Baseball games take me to my happy place...nothing else in the world matters when I'm in baseball game mode. It is peaceful to me. I just love it soooo much! My favorite player on our team is finally a senior (which I don't what to think about at ALL). I hope that the rest of the guys buy in to the USI way and make it a great year for MISTER favorite, as well as the other fave's!

Basketball is still undefeated. They have a big test coming up on Thursday. Kentucky Wesleyan -- probably our biggest basketball rival in the conference. K-Dub is supposed to be one of our toughest games. I think our team will be alright, but I'm sure K-dub fans would say something else.

One of my friends from high school blogged about her 25 random things about her and she is asking everyone to do it, cause it is for one of her classes... so I'll do my part to help...
1. I have a fear of people...strangers... I get very quiet and uncomfortable around people I don't know. It makes my stomach hurt when I go to a crowded place (concerts are the worst).
2. Baseball is a true love of mine... I love the game and I love when people play the game with passion.
3. Chapstick -- I don't know if it is an addiction or what -- I use it all the time.
4. I love wearing shorts... nike running shorts.. I am most comfortable in shorts.
5. When I was in 6th grade I taped my first ankle...I felt my calling. I wanted to tape ank's the rest of my life.. So that's what I do.. I have an awesome job as an athletic trainer and can rarely call going to work, work. I am so blessed!
6. I always take my ipod and blanket on every road trip. I guess they are my "comfort" things...
07. My favorite year in USI baseball thus far -- 2007 -- It was our (Arch, Weave, Durt and I's) first year here.. the fall was terrible baseball and by spring people had bought into the system and the boys won regionals and went to the world series (ended w/ 3rd).. It was AWESOME!
8. Once a bearcat, Always a bearcat. Northwest Missouri State was where I went to grad school. It was a great experience. The bearcats are whom I always root for (unless they are playing USI). There is just a bond there that you don't know about if you are not a part of it.
9. The number of two of my all time favorite athlete's I've had the pleasure of working with.
10.TEXTING -- I prefer it over talking anytime -- sorry if that is offensive to ya, but it's just me.
11. My guilty TV pleasures are Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, and Jersey Shore...
12. I have an amazing sense of smell, that often makes me sick to my stomach..
13. I LOVE MY HAIR.. it is probably the my favorite thing about myself.. It does whatever I want when ever I want -- curly or straight -- it's just AWESOME!!
14. I wear sunscreen every single day.
15. I tend to be very superstitious.. I live up to others superstitions also. If someone thinks something I do helps them do better, I'm gonna keep doing it. hence, the lil french braid, same outfits.
16. the number of my other all time favorite athlete's i've worked with...
17. Central Methodist was the best fit I could have asked for in college.. I love my time there, my friends from there, and the memories I have from there. Life was great in college, and it was a great place to prep me for my career.
18. I have a 'thing' for numbers... I say it has something to do with baseball and how baseball is all about numbers. I remember peoples jersey numbers way better than their names...
19. I love playing hide-n-seek on four wheelers at my Aunt Wanda's.
20. I could play cards with my aunts and mother for HOURS and never get bored.
21. Laughing -- I love to laugh -- I love my laugh -- I love my friends that keep me laughing -- I love my job because I can laugh all the time if I want.
22. I own a LOT of movies, mostly just sappy chic flicks.... what can I say - I'm a sucker for a good cry.
23. Roy Williams is my favorite coach. Read his book HARDWORK and he might just be your favorite also.
24. I love wearing new socks, I might or might not buy socks way more than I should.
26. CHASE UTLEY -- my favorite baseball players number...

No comments:

Post a Comment