Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pay it forward...

This morning started AWESOME.. I have an independent study class w/ one of the basketball girls (Abby). We start this at 715am. Volleyball had individuals so I knew Lins would be coming in early also. Last night I decided, Donut Bank sounded wonderful. So I woke up at 5am, did my P90x for the morning, showered and went to Donut Bank. I ordered coffee (2 lg's for me) and a donut for lins, abs, and I. I go to the window to pay, the woman says the truck in front of me picked up my bill. HOW nice was that?? I was so excited, I asked what the person behind me cost and it was $1.50. I paid their bill. I felt so awesome! I knew today would be a wonderful day.
I then get to school and I start grading papers. This is when my mood changes very quickly. I notice that some papers look VERY much alike, I think "No way, what is the point of cheating in my class? My class is not hard enough for people to cheat in." I was furious, I felt my blood begin to boil when I saw the names on those papers that looked very much alive. Four people that I see every single day, multiple times a day. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I have been teaching that class for four years and have never caught anyone cheating. People might have cheated in my class, but it was NOT that obvious. I was pretty angry.
I got over it though. It was their problem not mine. Baseball had an "off day" today. I still went out to the field. Had wonderful conversation with Arch. Have I mentioned how awesome I think he is? Casey threw a few fastballs off the mound, he looked alright. Tyler had a swim day today, so he got to hang out in the pool with the lil swim lesson kids (they prolly pee a lot in the pool...).
I came home and made the BEST soup I've ever made!! Jack made taco soup the other night -- I loved it -- so I made my own version and it was DELISH!!
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
2 cups of milk
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can HOT rotel
1 lb taco meat
1 can kidney beans

WOW... YUM!! It was soooooo great. Spicy yes -- but I love spicy food! Welp -- thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment