Friday, January 22, 2010

The bigger picture

I have been on a "thinking" role at baseball practice lately. Today Royle got in on the thinking. We boLth decided that once you just have to watch baseball, you learn more than you EVER could as a player. You see things so different when you don't play. I wish I would know what I know now, when I was a competitive athlete!! Royle said that too.
Today, while watching the hitters, the majority of them were doing the right thing. Having an approach at the plate... The pitchers tho -- that seemed like a different story -- at least to me. I see most of the hitters working soooo hard every single day to get better, and the pitchers -- it doesn't seem so. Today on the bump, tman looked good...his ball was really moving and WOW you can totally tell he cares and wants to be better and he is so much better (in my opinion). It was really enjoyable to stand behind the plate and watch him throw today, having a pretty great catcher is also important (DYL!!).
It was just an all around good day for this girl outside. I like days when I see people working hard. Hard work now will hopefully pay off in May!! in just 3 short week we will play our first game -- I am getting soooo excited! Yay USI BASEBALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment