Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another win...40 points!!

Too bad I wasn't there to see the smashing that the basketball team gave to IL-Springfield. Jamar almost beat them all by himself. He had 40 points!! And being the unselfish player that he is, he requested coming out of the game instead of scoring just 6 more points to break the single game scoring record of 45. He took a seat the last 4 minutes of the game. What a team player. The men have just 16 more games to play. And hopefully 16 more victories and an undefeated season. The girls also won. That makes 10 in a row (or something like that) for them.

Yesterday we took an adventure to the north. Stops included Wanda's for a lil bit and a wonderful massage, then dad went to Kurts to do something, and we went to see Grandpa Scroogie and grandma too.

Scroogie was full of it! He was so funny! Grandma made meatloaf, smashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and green beans. Talk about delish!! It was soooo good. Grandma makes the best sweet potatoes EVER!! I've tried to ask what she does, but she doesn't know, she just throws some stuff in the pot and cooks the potatoes in it.... hmmm.. After eating Scroogie decided it was pie time, he offered everyone pie before eating about half of the pie himself. (for those of you that don't know, Scroogie is about 5'3 and 110lbs...just a lil grandpa) He was so funny eating that pie. It was great seeing him! I always look forward to spending time with him when I'm home.

We then got home and not long after the snow began to fall, and fall, and fall... it fell until about 230 today! I was beginning to get stressed that I wouldn't be able to make it back to Indiana tomorrow, but I think I will be just fine! I plan on heading out around 645 in the morning.

Home has been nice, but I'm ready to be back in my routine. I have a lil bit of stuff to complete before the kids come back and class starts on the 11th. I'm excited to get baseball started and to watch just how good our mens basketball team could possibly be! 2010 is going to be GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment