Sunday, January 31, 2010

19 and 0 -- ♥ USI basketball ♥

The courier press has wrote about two players the last two days that don't always get the recognition that others get... BHogg and Issac.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jan/29/defense-gets-hogg-more-attention/
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jan/30/eagles-cruise-19th-consecutive-win/
The boys are 19-0. Pretty awesome I think! I've said all season that this team is special. I don't know if you see how special they are just by watching them, but being around them and knowing the kind of people they are, I think that is what has made them as successful as ever this year.

In my opinion one of the hardest things in college athletics is coaching. I think it is so important for a coach to place each individual in a position for the athlete to be the most successful. That means a coach must get to know an athlete and figure out what they are best at. Coach Watson (Mens Basketball) and Coach Archuleta (Baseball) are two of the best at doing that. They find an athlete's strengths and help the athlete see those strengths and they allow the athlete to build from those strengths. In my opinion that is why those two coaches are successful. Yes sometimes they might place an athlete in a position where the athlete isn't exactly comfortable, but I believe it's because those men see something positive by placing those athletes in than uncomfortable position. I feel like Coach Archuleta recruits based on strengths, on what a kid already does that could help benefit the USI baseball program. I'm not sure how Coach Watson recruits, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess it is similar. I'll let ya know next season when we get some Coach Watson recruits.

For those of you asking about my new years resolutions -- they are going... some better than the others. The working out/healthy lifestyle is going the best! I feel absolutely amazing most days! The laundry one -- well that needs some work. This week my goal is to get it under control! Some people despise vacuuming, others it is doing the dishes, for me - laundry is the thing I don't like to do at all!! I get angry just thinking about it! This is where I wish my mom lived close!! Hahah... I'd make a deal, I'll do the dishes, vacuum, clean bathrooms, almost anything for someone else, if they would just do my laundry! But, it's not happening, so I've gotta suck it up and just do it!

Well, injury reports and chapter 14 is calling my name... So, I hope y'all are enjoying your Sunday! God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment