Monday, January 24, 2011

I LOVE MONDAY's...now.

This morning I had an awesome workout.  I downloaded a new app, Nike Training Club.  And I'm soooo excited to have that on my phone now.  It will make road trips and workout time, simple!  I'm so ready for Georgia, in just about 2 weeks!  Oh my goodness... only 2 weeks!  Geezzzz.. I can't believe it, the guys have only been outside ONE time to practice. Now I'm really nervous!   Ok..OK.. back on track.  Working out is going really well, I'm not really having much trouble with motivation - EXCEPT - for the weekends. Hopefully having Nike Training Club on my iphone will help me get over that. 
Oh and I LOVE MONDAY's, NOW because -- it is BIBLE study night!! It's my one night a week where it is me and my girlfriends (both old and new)! I'm so excited to see what my friends are learning about becoming more than a good bible study girl.  I got overly excited and read ahead. The book is just toooo good to put down sometimes!  Chaper 1 was about worldly possessions and how to overcome those. Chapter 2 is about reading God's word and learning what it says and why it says it.  It has opened my mind, I've learned I need to know the background of the book and who is writing.  Sometimes the verse can be taken out of context, I guess tho, I kinda like that.  I LOVE thinking to myself, I wonder what was going on in someones life that made them write this. I am learning so much about reading the bible and understanding it. By no means am I an expert, but it really is a great feeling learning and growing in God's word.
As for the weekend, it was great!  Basketball ladies lost in 3 overtimes and the men on a last second shot against Indy on Saturday night.  Both were some great basketball games.  It made me think, my whole job/life is sports.  I missed church because I would rather watch the game and of course I can listen to the sermon via podcast... what is my life coming to!  Thank goodness for Monday Bible study!!

No comments:

Post a Comment