Wednesday, January 26, 2011

snow..again!

Mother nature just really is out of control this year!  I wake up this morning to a lil more than an inch of snow on my car -- ugh!  I really thought that maybe, we could go outside for baseball today.  However, another day of being inside.  I need to get over it, I know. 

Afterall, it's not all bad being inside.. I can blog and make sure my injury reports and treatments are up-to-date.. ok so it does have it's plus'.

Yesterday afternoon while waiting around for practice, I was looking up some collegiate baseball information.  I came across this awesome quote from one of my all time favorite college baseball coaches. 
"I want my players to be aware of what is most valuable to them," Garrido said. "Is it a bat, a ball, a glove or the ability to use those things? Is that it? No. It's the players' minds and their ability to use them. That's what makes the use of a bat, a ball and a glove brilliant. It's my job to help players find balance in their lives. I want to help them help themselves become what they want to be through the fundamentals of baseball. Baseball is nothing more than another classroom in the educational process. Really, baseball is a metaphor for life"
Coach Garrido is the Texas Longhorn baseball coach.  And I think he just has it all figured out.  He wants his baseball players to be successful after college in life.  I love when coaches can admit that.  Yes coaches want to win and be successful that way, but it must be rewarding to have your athletes succeed in life as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment